Applicants for the 2018 grant cycle may apply for therapy, summer programming, equipment, activities, etc. Please read all of the guidelines carefully.
Incomplete applications will not be considered and correspondence in regards to application status will not be returned. Also make sure that all supporting documentation is submitted with your application. Please contact Beth McIntosh at email@example.com with questions about the application process. No telephone communication will be accepted.
NWO Apraxia Support is a 501(c)(3) dedicated to supporting families impacted by and raising awareness about Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS) and other invisible disabilities (including, but not limited to SPD, anxiety, epilepsy, non-specific learning disabilities, ADHD, dyslexia, autism, Tourette syndrome, and other speech and language disorders), as well as providing grants to fund supplemental therapies, treatments, activities, or equipment that will enhance the lives of individual children impacted by CAS and other invisible disabilities.
Highlighted counties are the areas in Northwest Ohio and Southeast, Michigan we serve.
This programming is sponsored by:
Grant Making Philosophy
*Note to all applicants: Grants are awarded at the sole and complete discretion of the NWO Apraxia Support Board and Grant Committee. A blind panel will score all completed applications and funds will then be dispersed at the discretion of the complete committee. A variety of factors may impact decisions and all decisions are final. NWO Apraxia Support grants are designed to provide financial support to individuals and families affected by Apraxia and other invisible disabilities.
Please read these guidelines carefully and note we cannot fund previously received goods or services (or debt reduction). Also make sure that all supporting documentation is submitted with your application. Any incomplete applications will not be considered. Please contact Beth McIntosh at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the application process. No communication will be returned in regard to application status. No telephone communication will be accepted.
- All parts of the application must be complete with needed supporting documentation to be considered for a grant. Incomplete grant applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must reside in one of the highlighted counties on the map in Northwest Ohio or Southeast Michigan and be legal US Citizens.
- Applicants must have CAS or an invisible disability. Preference will be given to individuals under 23 years of age.
- The maximum grant amount for one year will be $1500 per applicant or $3000 per family.
- Applicants are responsible for the scheduling and/or registration for all therapies and summer programming. NWO Apraxia Support will not be responsible for obtaining time slots or reserving spaces at any providers. Is a slot is not reserved in advance of your application your application may not be considered.
- Grant may be typed or handwritten, but the application AND documentation MUST be one-sided and received via regular USPS mail. Hand delivery or any other method will not be accepted.
- ALL services MUST occur between 5/1/18 and 11/30/18.
- Applicants MUST provide documentation dated within the past 6 months stating a diagnosis of CAS or invisible disability (medical documentation, therapy progress reports, letter from therapists, or IEP).
- Applicants MUST provide a letter of support from a professional describing how the applicant will benefit from the requested equipment, activity or therapy. This letter should be specific to the applicant. Auto populated/form letters will not be accepted. A letter to explain what should be included is provided to give to your therapist/teacher. (#1 and #2 can be the same letter)
- If you are applying for an insurance billable service you MUST include a letter of denial from your insurance provider OR a copy of the applicable pages from your handbook showing coverage limits and cost. This includes all requests for speech, occupational & physical therapy.
- Applicants must sign the Family Grant Acceptance volunteer agreement and the Release Statement.
Grant applications with supporting documentation must be RECEIVED via USPS mail by: February 28, 2018
Mail Applications to: (no emailed, hand delivered, or faxed applications will be accepted)
NWO Apraxia Support
c/o Grant Committee
PO Box 800
Bowling Green, OH 43402
Please make sure all parts of the application are complete, you have included all needed documentation, letters, and have signed all necessary parts. Please do not include personal photos or any other documents that are not requested.
Notification of NWO Apraxia Support’s determination will be sent to applicants via regular US postal service by April 15, 2018. Thank you for your interest in applying for a grant from NWO Apraxia Support.